Disclaimer

Please ask for my permission if you would like to use any of the pictures that I've posted. Would really appreciate it. All pictures posted are taken by me unless stated. Thank You! :)

Oct 20, 2010

Tulip Festival 2010: Irish Weekend

While KoolSandra was here during her semester break, we took the opportunity to experience the Tulip Festival they held in Lilydale.  Had to take a total of 1 and a half hours train ride followed by another 30mins bus ride to the actual location. Back in Malaysia - complain about having to drive all the time; here in Melbourne - complain about having to travel by public transport all the time =.=' sigh... the bittersweet of life.

Anyway, they have different theme every week at the Festival and this week was Irish Weekend. It's gold and leprechauns!

Welcome the Dutch Ladies: Maekhoo, Me and KoolSandra
Sandra and I

Playing tourists with the Leprechauns, dutch lady and Dutchmen. 

They had people playing some Irish tunes. At least I think they're Irish. Lol..

Now it's not a festival without some little random stalls right? These are some of the stalls opened that day.
FYI: the Nuts were pretty good! hehe

A quarter of the crowd that day. Believe me, when you see an empty table, RUN FOR IT!

For brunch, I tried this traditional Turkish Pastry with cheese and spinach called Gozleme.
It was pretty good! Just that I thought it'll be tastier if the pastry was a little more crunchy.

As tourist, when we visit a place, any place, picture MUST be taken! PictureS to be exact. And that's what we did after eating - Roam, soaking up the festive feeling and camwhore!!

KoolSandra, Maekhoo and I

Pretty tulips in different colours! Oh the colours! Don't they just make you smile?
The last picture is actually a picture of Daffodales.



PhotoLeon and I

This picture is one of my favourite picture taken that day.

Can you feel the love?


Not so sexy back... Haha! oh well, worthed a try


Of course, it wouldn't be Irish without blowpipes! They walked around the tulip farm playing their pipes.



Will definitely try to go again next year! Another must-go for next year - Royal Melbourne Show! Missed the 1 this year 

Some photos credit to TetLeonPhotography.
Emoticons thanks to The Opposite of Chocolate (though I still don't really know how to work them well.)

0 pixies comments: