Disclaimer

Please ask for my permission if you would like to use any of the pictures that I've posted. Would really appreciate it. All pictures posted are taken by me unless stated. Thank You! :)

Jul 20, 2010

Chiang Mai Thai Cuisine - Lygon Street

Went to Lygon Street for dinner again on Sunday. This time, tried something asian - Thai Cuisine :) Name of the restaurant is Chiang Mai Thai Cuisine, next to Mercadante Woodfired Pizzaria (The awesome pizza place I blogged about before.) It was a little farewell dinner for Vipul and Vaishnav. They'll be leaving for India end of this month. You guys will be missed :(

Anyway, we kick started this delicious dinner with a glass of champaign each. (Well, I only drank like 2 sips, and Vipul drank the rest. Hehe)

From me (Clockwise): Me, Maekhoo, Daniel, Vaishnav and Vipul

Now to the food!!!!

We were a bit hesitant to enter this restaurant at first, because it was so empty, and you know how there's a saying 'if the restaurant is empty, means that the food suck'? But this restaurant is the total opposite. We took the chance to try this restaurant because we're sick of walking in the cold trying to pick a restaurant to eat. And I have to say, it wasn't a bad choice at all! Every dish we ordered, turned out pretty yummy!

This is a MUST TRY dish in every thai restaurant you go to and a MUST EAT dish when you're in Thailand.
Som Tum - Green Papaya Salad with prawns and peanuts. But in Thailand, they don't usually serve it with prawns but dried shrimps. My favourite salad!!!
And this is the rest of our dishes. They were all so freaking yummy! I had 3 plates of rice just to enjoy more of their yummy gravy. :D
*click on the picture to have a clearer view*

Ratings for this restaurant = 8/10. Definitely must try! I wasn't disappointed at all :)

0 pixies comments: