Disclaimer

Please ask for my permission if you would like to use any of the pictures that I've posted. Would really appreciate it. All pictures posted are taken by me unless stated. Thank You! :)

Oct 11, 2008

Holiday Well Spent~~~

I'm BACK!!! Phew~~~ let me catch my breath before i start blebbering...


This whole week of RAYA holidays, i can say it is well spent...
On monday and tuesday, i was doing my MICE stuff... and from wednesday tilll friday, helped dad...


Yesterday was my dad's friend's restaurant's 2nd anniversary... and my dad... being toooo kind, helped his friend to come up with an anniversary set dinner menu... and me being his daughter, in the hospitality line, had no choice but to help him out in the restaurant's kitchen... and my dad, hoping to change the concept of the menus and the kitchen operations in the restaurant, asked me to help him make 10 menu folders...


So on wednesday, i bought the materials... and just when i wanted to start doing my 'masterpieces', he calls me and ask me to follow him to the restaurant... that was around 3 something in the afternoon... That was when the preparations officially starts... we started preparing the marinations and sauces for the dishes... and prepared a lil bit for food testing the next day... had dinner around the restaurant area and went back to continue our prepartions... we finally went back around 11plus that night... and the tired us bathed, washed up and went to bed straight away...


Thursday, i woke up around 11 plus, had a peaceful cereal breakfast in front of the computer watching my taiwanese series... hoping that the time would just stop there so that i won't have to start working on the menu folders (lazy me... hehe)... but, i had no choice... when father need the daughter's help... daughter always helps... haha... so i starting picking the penknife to cut out the shapes and all... and boy was it difficult to cut tru thick cardboards... and i had 9 to cut out... *faints*... and just when i reach about the 4th card board... it was again doomed time (3plus pm)... dad's call arrived and ask me to follow him to the restaurant to prepare again... so i went faithfully... and he expected 20 ppl to come for the food testing at 730pm... when it was 745pm... only my mom showed up... and when my mom called my dad's friend's wife... she didn't even know there was food testing >.<... when she came, she said that her husband had some dinner function and is not coming... which means, NOBODY'S COMING?!?!?! all the food prepared, cooked, and no one to taste... but we had a young hero who came to a lil rescue... Tet Leon came with an invitation from my dad tru me... ahaha... my dad was a lil pissed because when he informed his friend, his friend said "oh okok"... and then didn't show up... AND IT'S HIS RESTAURANT!!! AND HE'S NOT GONNA TASTE THE FOOD THAT HE'S GONNA SERVE TO THE PUBLIC?!?!?! what a joke =.='... any how, in the end, only my mom,dad, the wife , tet leon and i tasted the food... and man!!! i'm so proud of my dad and myself!!! haha... the food were considered delicious coming from a recipe we've never tried at home before... and it's our 1st time cooking it... especially the chicken and the beef... mmm~~~ yum~~~ went home around 11 plus... bathed, washed up and started typing out the menus while discussing about it with my dad... finished it at around 12 plus... after that, in order for me to try to finish the menu folders in time, i continue cutting... i finished cutting and measuring and completing 1 at around 4am!!!
Anniversary day!!! woke up at around 11 plus again >.<... had my cereal and down to business again... was doing the folders and only completing all 10 of them at 6pm!!! it's sooo not easy to do though it looks easy... and why must the cardboards be so hard to cut tru them?!?!?! had blisters on my fingers... a few... though it's small but when you press against them while cutting,it hurts:(


once i finished, i rushed to the restaurant and help my dad... the celebration started around 730pm and it was full house!!!! the owner of the restaurant, just sat around, eating and drinking while chatting with his friends... while my dad!!! he was running everywhere like a chicken coordinating the kitchen and the restaurants... poor him... On the other hand, my mom and i helped the kitchen crew prepare the food... it was hard to work for 100 over customers because the kitchen is sooooooooooooo freaking small!!!! it's like sooo hard to walk around and there's like no place to put all the plates... and the only thing my dad's friend did was ask where's the food =.='... soooo pissed!!! gees=.=' at around 1030pm, i finally got to rest and enjoy my DINNER... but not in peace because the whole place was like an amplifier being turned on... and it was like a smoke house... inside and outside!!! filled with cigeratte smoke =.='... yucks!!! (And for once, i'm sooooo scared of receiving calls from my dad... whe he calls, it means i need to work... i really didn't feel like picking up his phone whenever it rings... lol... poor dad...)


At around 12 plus... most of the adults were all high... it's damn funny seeing them sway themselves all around the place... and my dad's friend had a friend from Hong Kong... she's just... erm... there's no words that i can think of to describe her... she's just like a walking radio... her mouth just won't stop blebbering even from the beginning!!! just imagine when she's high, her volume is turned on to the max... with her stong hongky accent, you can't even hear was she's talking about because she mixes both cantonese and english together... and she talks pieces by pieces of sentences... it's quite irritating... and her seliva pipe has holes!!! while she talks, please hold an umbrella to protect yourself... you know what i mean... and there's this other young guy from china but speaks really good cantonese... he was drunk too but he can at least stand still.. haha... the funny thing was, he kept repeating the same sentences over and over again... to my mom, dad, and my mom again and again... and all my mom did was answer 'ok ok'... he kept saying 'next time, any bulbs, lightings, electronic things; come find me...' the way he says it and all is damn funny...


Finally went home at 2 am... slept at around 23o am... and i woke up today at 13o pm, after a very satisfying sleep!!! :) had my brunch - chicken rice!!! watched my favourite movie - The Covenant... the main actor is just soooo gorgeous, hot!!! hahaha... and till now... i'm blogging...
now, i'm done blogging... hehe... now i need to start thinking on a design of a crazy hat for my church's function tonight!!! i have only about 2 hours to prepare!!! hahah see ya!!!


To J': Is this exciting enough for you???? lol...


here are some pictures on my room while doing the menu folders... it's damn messy... worst than my normal room appearance...


Messy No.1 Messy No.2
Messy No.3
MY Masterpieces

0 pixies comments: