Disclaimer

Please ask for my permission if you would like to use any of the pictures that I've posted. Would really appreciate it. All pictures posted are taken by me unless stated. Thank You! :)

Mar 29, 2011

Day Trip Part 2: Rosebud Foreshore, Bridgewaters Bay, Moonraker & Peninsula Hot Springs

After having a looong camwhoring session at Mt.Martha in the previous post, it started to drizzle so we headed back to the car and our journey continues. Not long after, we arrived at Rosebud and decided to stop for a Fish n Chips lunch. After lunch, as we were heading towards Sorrento, again, we decided to stop at some random beach to kill time! This time, its Rosebud Foreshore (I assumed that's the name of the beach as it was written on 1 of the signs).

Another beautiful calm beach, it was really low tide so we decided to walk out to the little dried spots.
Photobucket


waters were freezing cold tho! We were training for our swim with the Dolphins and Seals later in Sorrento. lol!
Photobucket


Just right before heading to Sorrento, we stopped by Peninsula Hot Springs to check the place out. Wanted to go for a dip but decided to wait till after the swim (to warm our bodies and relax).
Photobucket


A very nice and serene place. Very popular, thus very crowded! We took a little tour of our own, checking out how it looks like inside. Photo taking is prohibited so, sorry, not pictures of the hot pools...

Photobucket



There's even a little picnic area.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Yong decides to do the 'she loves me, she loves me not'.

For prices and further information, click on 'Peninsula Hot Springs' above. 
A little tip, it's cheaper after 7pm. It opens until 10pm so lots of time to dip and relax.


One last extra detour before Sorrento, Bridgewaters Bay (just follow the route to Koreen Lookout Point on the map).
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


awesome view, no?

Photobucket


Photobucket


It was really windy, Niak decided to do a Mary Poppins pose...




And now for the Highlight of the day, Moonrakers Dolphin and Seal Swim :D

The waters were seriously cold! And the wetsuits weren't much help either!
I've been swimming with dolphins before in NZ, and that was 1 disappointing trip! I didn't get to see no dolphins! But this time, I was much satisfied! :D

I got to see 11-13 dolphins!!! (well, they probably were the same dolphins, I don't know) I count by the total number of dolphins I saw tru my 3 swims.

And Seals too.. As you can see in the picture, it's a whole hut filled with sluggish, lazy-ass seals. 
Photobucket


Photobucket

After the swim, we backtracked to the Hot Springs and warmed ourselves up. It was sooooooooo good!
A stop you have to make when you're around that area!!


0 pixies comments: