Disclaimer

Please ask for my permission if you would like to use any of the pictures that I've posted. Would really appreciate it. All pictures posted are taken by me unless stated. Thank You! :)

May 16, 2010

Brunetti, Lygon St.

It's been awhile since I did a food post about a specific food outlet. Kinda miss people complaining that I'm making them hungry.. Hehe..
So here goes 1 for you hungry readers! :)

My sis was working in Tasmania for bout 2 weeks and dropped by Melbourne to see me (hehe) last weekend (sadly, only a night) before heading back to Sabah. On Friday, I skipped class (mom, if you're reading, big smile :D), went to meet her at the skybus terminal, got her settled in my room, had some breakfast and planned where to head to next. Instead of her being the tourist, I was being the tourist! Instead of me showing her around, bringing her to see the city of melbourne, she was the one bringing and showing me around. I know, damn fail =.=' but hey! i don't go out much!!! Give me time!!! I'll explore at my own speed. (speed of a turtle that is :D)

Anyway, we head down to the city and walked to Lygon Street. A street flooded with F-O-O-D! And some outlets are quite reasonably priced and quite packed too!

So we stopped at this cafe called Brunetti. It was packed! A really busy cafe that serves a wide range of cake-lets, tartlets, puddings and savories to choose from. Oh and chocolates too!! And did I mention that their coffee smells good too!

Just look at them! I went crazy in that shop. Had a hard time choosing what to eat!



In the end, we ordered these!
From left-clockwise: -

-Sacher Torte: Chocolate sponge with layers of almond pieces, apricot jam, chocolate ganache and kirsh liquere, covered with in chocolate ganache.

-Brutti E Buoni: which mean 'Ugly but nice' . A flour-less hazelnut maccaroon.

-Bicchierini Chocolate & Vanilla: It's layers of vanilla mousse and chocolate ganache, topped with chocolate sprinkles.

-Amaretti: A flour-less almond maccaroon.

-Mixed Fruit Tart: A mixed fruit tart-let.


All so yummy yummy!!!
Here are some of the full cakes sold there...

Esotica - A semi freddo mousse made with a mixed berry bavarian cream, cointreau liqueur and a thin layer of vanilla mousse.
Profiterole - Profiteroles filled with zabalone cream and topped with dark chocolate ganache.
Fraicheur Des Bois - A chocolate sponge with red berry compote, vanilla & white chocolate mousse and topped with white chocolate glaze.
And these lil maccaroon towers...
Don't they all look soooooo irresistible?!?!?!
I went sugar high even before having any sugar in me!!! Lol :D

Oh and you can even pre-oder your birthday cakes and I think you can even customize your order if I'm not mistaken.

These are 2 birthday cakes that made me go wow! They were HUGE cakes!!



Look so yummy! They all taste so yummy!!

Next post - Dinner at Meat & Wine co.

0 pixies comments: