Disclaimer

Please ask for my permission if you would like to use any of the pictures that I've posted. Would really appreciate it. All pictures posted are taken by me unless stated. Thank You! :)

Sep 21, 2008

Curry Chicken In Bread?!?!?!

I went to Ipoh last 2 weeks with my mom and 3 relatives to attend some other relative's wedding (no idea who's getting married... haha...) And before going to my grandma's house, we stopped by Kampar for something extra-ordinary...

I've heard of chicken wrapped in paper... sausage wrapped in bun... chicken wrapped in harbal leaves... but never have i heard of wrapping curry chicken in bread.... no, seriously... the curry chicken is practically in the bread itself!!! lol... It's sort of very famous in Kampar... I see many people indulging in a good curry chicken in bread... lol... Don't believe me??? see for yourself...

Now do you believe me??? lol... the bread is really fragrant and soft... very nice... but the curry chicken is just taste normal to me... nothing special about it... the only thing special is that it's wrapped inside a bread... i wonder how they wrapped it inside... and how they keep the curry warm inside... lol... as for the chicken... they are 1st hung under the sun... this is to reduce the fats in their body(according to my uncle)... lol... Don't know whether it's true or not... but i did see hanging chickens outside... didn't manage to snap pics coz they were going back already...The price is quite reasonable... for this size, it's RM25... and it's enough to feed 4 to 5 people... or even 6... It's something different, something extra-ordinary... hahaha... Quite interesting huh...


This is how the bread looks like before cutting it open...
so shinny and nice!!!

More pictures of the curry chicken wrapped in bread...

If you happened to be in perak... do try to stop by in Kampar and try this... lol... Just ask the locals around where this restaurant is... they should know... it's the only restaurant selling this interesting and unique dish... hahaha... of coz, they have other dishes to serve... hahaha...



This is a video of the lady cutting the bread open for us...

Yummy isn't it... lol...

Enjoy~~~

0 pixies comments: